Req Number: 18374BR
The incumbent brings an exceptional level of polyolefin (PE/PP) fundamental knowledge of catalysis, technology and product expertise. He/she is considered Aramco’s foremost expert in polyolefin technologies and products. He/she is instrumental in the development of Aramco R&D strategy for polyolefins, and in building scientific and technical excellence into Aramco polyolefin R&D and the portfolio of technology projects. He/she anticipates future trends/developments in polyolefin catalysis, technologies and products, and stays abreast of new developments in his/her area of expertise. He/she enhances the technical reputation of Aramco in the domain of polyolefins in industry and academic arenas.
Provides superior technical insight to the R&D program, guidance to the R&D project leaders and to the plant technologists in the area of polyolefin catalysis, technologies and product development/performance. He/she is Aramco’s ultimate technical authority on polyolefins and connects with/brings in the world’s best polyolefins expert when/as needed. The incumbent works alone and does not have formal line management responsibility. A significant portion of his/her time is devoted to the quality coaching and scientific guidance of polyolefin R&D project leaders and senior technologists. As a member of the Aramco R&T Advisory Council, he/she regularly reviews the technology needs from Aramco polyolefins plants and business, and shapes the most effective corresponding sourcing strategy and deployment.
Frequent independent contact with all levels of management in polyolefins R&D, technology, manufacturing and business. Builds networks of excellence in polyolefins – extra mural partnerships with outside knowledge centers, institutes, research centers, innovation councils, private organizations, etc., and internal functions/business groups like (Business, P&CSD, FPD, HSEF, etc.) for creating a pool of ideas and initiatives in the polyolefins area. May serve as Aramco’s spokesperson on technical matters related to his/her area of polyolefins expertise.
1. Chemical Engineering degree (M.S., Ph.D.).
2. Minimum of 20 years of experience in polyolefin R&D/technology, PE/PP polymers and catalysts, and support to plants and projects.
3. The candidate is an undisputed scientific/technical authority within Aramco, and a broad technical credibility outside Aramco.
4. The candidate has an extensive track record initiating, guiding, conducting advanced technical projects and developments with an ability to connect technology, R&D and operational excellence.
5. The candidate has the vision, the energy and the entrepreneurship spirit to develop new technologies and products.
6. The candidate has the ability to anticipate, appreciate, catalyze and make the most of changes and new developments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provides superior technical insight/guidance to R&D program and plant operation (complex troubleshooting, critical project elements) as Aramco’s ultimate technical authority in polyolefins and connects with/brings in the world’s best experts when/as needed.
2. Drives new high quality science and technical developments relevant for Aramco’s polyolefins R&D, technology and business needs.
3. Is the polyolefin thought leader and oversees/assists the quality of learning and development interventions imparted w.r.t to the discipline (both within as well as outside). Focus on building skills for the present as well as the future.
4. Builds networks of excellence – extra mural partnerships with outside knowledge centers, institutes, research centers, innovation councils, private organizations, etc., and internal functions/business groups like (Business, P&CSD, FPD, HSEF, etc.) for creating a pool of ideas and initiatives in the polyolefin area.
5. Is the torch bearer, a beacon of light, in the polyolefin area for attracting young talent, and oversees the development programs/initiatives to build their technical competencies/excellence.
6. Builds and maintains relationships with major polyolefin knowledge providers for technical collaboration.
7. Enhances the technical reputation of Aramco in major science/technical bodies, institutes, committees/boards and conferences.
8. As a member of the Technology Advisory Council, participates in the development of Aramco’s R&D and technology strategy and regularly reviews the alignment of Aramco’s R&D and Technology agenda/priorities to fulfill Aramco technology needs, position and sourcing.