Saudi Aramco’s Domestic Refining and NGL Fractionation team is seeking a large number of experienced Supervising Operator to work in the Jazan Refinery. The refinery will have the capacity to process 400,000 BPD of Arabian Heavy and Arabian Medium crude oils to produce gasoline, ultra-low-sulfur diesel, benzene, and paraxylene. This is an expatriate opportunity located in Saudi Arabia.
As the successful candidate you will have:
• High school diploma.
• Total of fifteen (15) years of experience, including a minimum of eleven (11) years of relevant operating and supervisory experience.
• Experience working in the following units: Hydrocracker (HCK), Crude/Vacuum Distillation Unit (CDU/VDU), Diesel Hydrotreater (DHT), Naphtha Hydroeater (NHT), Reformer/Continuous Catalyst Regeneration (CCR), Aromatics Complex, Isomerization Unit (ISOM), Sulphur Recover Unit (SRU), Tail Gas Treatment (TGT), Gasification (GSU), IGCC SRU, IGCC Utilities, Refinery Utilities, Tank Farm.
• Knowledge of plant layout and the applicable operations.
• Flexibility to rotate and direct operations in other plants of similar complexity.
• Experience in operations, including as an outside operator, console operator, and supervising operators in a refinery environment.
• Experience in emergency response plans and must be able to serve as the incident commander.
• Experience working with various control system (Honeywell preferred).
• Strong leadership skills.
• Ability to communicate fluently in English.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
• Understand the Plant process and equipment and any other related plants interconnections, and know how to do the line service switching by means of interconnections piping and valves.
• Monitor product quality and make recommendations and/or adjustments to maintain product quality, yields and production rates.
• Work as a Control Man or Operator of the plant, if required.
• Mentor, coach and develop junior operators.
• Process unit’s turnaround activities from scope development to execution.
• Work jointly with others and be a key team player in problem solving, communication, work planning and organizing.
• Coordinate with other plants to solve and satisfy any joint efforts.
• Write progress reports on different operational assignments regularly.
• Understand the complexity of the control systems of the processing unit.
• Identify operational hazards and resolve them as necessary.
• Troubleshoot problems and provide reasonable resolutions.
• Undertake assignments in other plants when needed.
• Work as a maintenance coordinator and provide support to the plant foreman.
• Understand the potential hazards in the unit and to participate in HAZOP study.
• Act as operation representative to resolve operation requirement with maintenance.
• Keep all relevant operating procedure updated.