The Refining Specialist will serve as advisor to Corporate Management and other company organizations on refining industry issues encompassing the following. Develops the Company’s short and long term global refining industry outlooks, including: global and regional changes in capacity levels, changes in crude and other feedstock, total production rates by major product groups, global and regional trade balances and the general industry margins and profitability trends. Develop long-term products price forecasts by product type and region to serve as the basis for the evaluation of investment opportunities. Monitor and assess the impact of international regulations on the global and regional refining business. Prepares well documented, written and illustrated documents and presentation material for inclusion in the business plan and to present to management. Regularly follows up on refining market developments as well as developing and maintaining contacts within the industry. Regularly interacts with other professionals in various company organizations involved in capital planning and economic analysis. Assists in the training, development and mentoring of younger staff.
Also mandated to have thorough understanding of the economic and business factors related to the refining industry with substantial experience of applying that knowledge to forecasting potential future trends. Sufficient understanding of refining projects necessary to conduct insightful economic analysis of capital investments. Solid understanding of the strength and limitations of various modeling techniques and methodologies when applied to forecasting future trends of the general refining market and to specific products. Strong written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate what are frequently complex technical and commercial concepts in a clear and succinct manner to individuals and groups from diverse professional backgrounds. Able to work effectively with the minimum of supervision on relatively unstructured tasks.
Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering or related specialty. MBA or Master Degree in Economics desirable. At least 15 years of experience in analyzing refining industry trends. Five or more years of relevant modeling and forecasting experience with a large refining consultancy and at least 10 years of industry experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be required to perform and demonstrate the following:
• Conducts reviews of industry business developments, trends, and economics.
• Utilizes, adjusts, and maintains economic evaluation models for downstream projects.
• Provides analysis, evaluation, and interpretation in support of projects, processes, and financing related to Saudi Aramco capital investment decisions in the oil downstream sector.
• Evaluates the economics of complex downstream project proposals, including joint venture, and/or acquisitions.
• Represents the company at relevant internal and external conferences and seminars, preparing and delivering presentations on subjects related to downstream industries.
• Builds and maintains strong relationships with consultancies, industry experts, and best-in-class companies, keeping abreast of oil downstream market developments, which could impact the company’s competitive performance.
• Benchmarks the company’s performance and related processes, practices and technologies against relevant companies in the region and around the world.
• Mastery of understanding economic and business factors related to the downstream oil industry with proven success applying that knowledge in the evaluation of business opportunities.
• Solid understanding of downstream projects necessary to conduct insightful economic analysis of capital investments.
• In-depth understanding of various modeling techniques and methodologies related to economic analysis and planning.
• Proven ability to effectively communicate what are frequently complex technical and commercial concepts in a clear and succinct manner to individuals and groups from diverse professional backgrounds.
• Capable of recognizing and reconciling conflicting views and interests across large, complex organizations.
• Must have a proven ability to quickly build and maintain positive and effective networks with internal and external stakeholders from all organizational levels.
• Assists in the training and mentoring of junior staff.